Confirming activities are received

Tagged:

Currently contains 7 posts

Avatar

February 06, 2015 15:29

mward_focus

Is there any way through the API that we can confirm that candidate activities are actually created? We created a service that has received success responses, but the client reports not seeing those activities in the PCR UI.

Avatar

February 06, 2015 15:41

mward_focus

Also, is there a way we can get credentials to log into the sandbox PCR UI?

Avatar

February 06, 2015 17:33

Wayne-PCRecruiter

What API call are you making to create the activities? Could you send me a sample of what the data in that request would be?

The client should be able to give you access to the sandbox account. I would not be able to supply you with that information. Please let me know if you have issues getting that information and I will see if someone on our support staff can step in and help the client get you what you need.

Avatar

February 11, 2015 20:57

mward_focus

We are currently just sending a short string as ActivityText (eg 158726_PTs in NC), “email” as ActivityType, and the candidate ID as RecordId.

Avatar

February 17, 2015 19:32

Wayne-PCRecruiter

Could you supply me with the actual request you are making? I would like to try the request against one of my personal sample databases.

Avatar

February 20, 2015 00:43

mward_focus

OK, we tracked it down to the generation. There’s something strange going on, and I realize this is probably outside what you guys do, but maybe you have a PHP guy on your end who can take a look and tell me what’s going on.

The following code results in an error saying “Error calling to_xml callback” when we try to send a single activity:

$createCandidateActivityCreateRequest = new stdClass();
$createCandidateActivityCreateRequest→Session = $session;

$createCandidateActivityCreateRequest→CandidateActivityCreateRequest = new stdClass(); $activity = new stdClass(); $activity→ActivityText = $title; $activity→ActivityType’ = ‘fun stuff, i swear’; $activity→RecordId = $address[‘CandidateId’]; $createCandidateActivityCreateRequest→CandidateActivityCreateRequest→Activity = array($activity); var_dump($createCandidateActivityCreateRequest); try{ $soapClient→CreateCandidateActivity($createCandidateActivityCreateRequest); } catch (Exception $e) { echo $e→getTraceAsString() . “\n”; }

If we comment out the line that sends the activities, it generates the XML (albeit with no activities) just fine. If we uncomment that line and comment out the contents of the $activity object, the validation correctly tells us that RecordId is a required property. As soon as we give it a RecordId property, we get the error. I’m at my wit’s end and have never had this much of an issue generating SOAP calls, so another pair of eyes would be great.

Avatar

February 20, 2015 22:35

Wayne-PCRecruiter

There could be a problem with the pasting of items into the forum with it reformatting some of the text. Could you send this data in a .txt file with some formatting to wayne@mainsequence.net. I might be able to better help or have someone else take a look.

$activity→ActivityType’ a single quote hanging out on the end which I’m not sure you put there but that could be part of the problem at a quick glance.

Reply to thread